- These present times challenge our image of what it means to be human. What are they asking of us and of the worldwide community connected with Emerson College?
- How can we deepen our insights into the forces of destiny that brought us to Emerson, which have led and will lead us forward?
- How can we develop ways of living, learning and working together that enable us to meet the future with hope and trust?
The programme will include:
- Times for meditative alignment
- Space for participants to share their Emerson-inspired initiatives
- Sessions of artistic work in a wide range of disciplines
- Inspiring presentations on the theme
- Dialogue groups practicing observation and awakening to destiny
- Nature walks (guided or not!) and practical work on the estate
- Open spaces for social (re-)connecting
- Performances of many kinds
- Opportunity to hear about and contribute to the future picture of the College
There will be some suggested pre-reading material to deepen our approach to the enquiry. The detailed programme will be collaboratively developed to include a wide range of contributions by participants – leading artistic sessions, sharing their initiatives, offering mini-performances, sensing and thinking together. We are sure that the many gifts which alumni bring will ensure a rich, warm and inspiring experience.
This approach will allow us to keep the costs modest: we propose a contribution of £170 per person (plus board and lodging): if some participants are able to pay more, we can offer reductions to others who are less able to pay.
- When:Wednesday, 07 August 2019
Times: 4pm Wednesday 7th to 2pm Sunday 11th Aug 2019
Suggested Contribution:£170 (plus board & lodging)*
*15% deposit payable, remainder by 1 June 2019
Where: Emerson College, Hartfield Road, Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Booking: Please click here to book
For more information about the Gathering please contact Linda Churnside:
Image: ‘Looking Back & Forward’ carved glass triptych by Jonathan Soper